Replace Unsupported Print Cartridge Lexmark Printer
Lexmark printers aims to support you with excellent printing service and in return all they need is some good printer habits from your end to maintain its good health. Often when the common errors occur, it usually means that the printer needs a little tweaking at some particular area to resolve the issue. Other errors require replacement of some part of the printer, or even needs professional assistance.
The error we are going to discuss in this article is when your Lexmark printers ask you to replace unsupported print cartridge. We will discuss the causes and the troubleshooting ways to resolve the error at the root level. So let us begin!
Why Unsupported Print Cartridge Error Occured Lexmark Printer
Let us look at the reasons that cause this error so that we can fully understand the width of the Lexmark Printer Error. Here are the reasons:
- When the toner cartridge is not recognized by the printer, it can lead to this error.
- When the MFP fails to function, it can result in this error.
- If the toner cartridge is exhausted or is fake or is refilled unprofessionally, you can end up with this error.
Troubleshooting of Lexmark replace unsupported print cartridge:
Now that you have understood the reasons that cause this error, let us look at the troubleshooting methods. Please make sure you follow the steps in the right order as they are mentioned:
Quick Fix 1:
While you replace the old ink cartridge with the new one, keep the following point in the mind:
- Use genuine Lexmark toner cartridge. Fake cartridges can harm your printer.
- While purchasing the toner cartridge, ensure that it is within the expiry date. It should not be opened, broken or damaged.
- When you buy a new Lexmark toner cartridge, please ensure it is a fresh original piece. It should not be refilled in any dodgy ways.
- When you think of replacing the old toner cartridge, you can try to check the remaining ink left by using the computer’s ink calculator software. Or you can take out the ink cartridge, shake it properly, and then press the reset button on it. Now, again seat it into the printer. Sometimes, the computer reads the remaining ink in the cartridge.
- When you are to replace the old toner cartridge with a new one, please remove all the packing material and the seal of the toner cartridge before placing it into the printer. If you will leave the seal or the packing material on, your cartridge may go unrecognized.
Quick Fix 2:
The next solution is to update the printer’s firmware to the latest version. Using an old version create compatibility issue and thus results in these errors. Here is how you can do it:
- On your computer go to the authentic website of Lexmark.
- Go to the ‘Support’ section.
- There you will be asked about the printer model. Type the details in the text bar. You can also choose your printer model from the list of printer models shown on the page.
- Look for ‘downloads’ option.
- Now you need to select the right version of the Operating System.
- Click on the link that is available under the ‘Firmware’ option.
- The firmware will automatically get downloaded.
- Use the on screen instructions to finish the download.
The Scope of Service:
If you need any further assistance, our team of experts is happy to help you. They are available 24/7 at you service at:
- Give us a call at
- You can also chat live with us.