Device Busy Error With HP Printer
Hewlett Packard answers a good range of customer needs across home and personal uses, small businesses to large scale businesses and offices; to the smart world of portable printing options for the innovators who are on the go; with its innovative printers such as Laser Jet series, Desk Jet series, multi-function wireless printers, portable photo sticker printers, HP Ink Advantage Ultra printers, HP Tank printers, office laser printers, large format printers etc.
With the constant innovation at the heart, we also understand that there can be days when due to internal or external factors, your HP printer can face some performance problems. One such error is the device is ‘Device is busy.’
Causes Behind Server Busy Warning Message HP Printer
First of all, why do you get HP printer error- ‘Device is busy’?
There can several reasons why you get this error. Some of the common reasons are stated as follows:
- Sometimes the cables connecting your printer and your PC are not plugged in properly. Therefore this is the first basic step to be verified before technically troubleshooting the issue.
- Sometimes the cables are damaged or broken due to mishandling. Also, the ports connecting to these cables should be checked and ensured that they are in good shape. Regarding USB cables, there is one more thing to be kept in mind i.e. you must provide your PC with a high speed USB if your computer requires hi speed interface.
- Thirdly, you should also make sure that no other device drivers are set on running automatically in the background that may interrupt the process.
Troubleshooting HP Printer Message ‘Device Is Busy’
Let’s look at the steps required to fix the HP printer error- ‘Device is busy’:
- Firstly switch off your printer.
- If you have connected it in a surge protector, kindly disconnect it from there.
- Plug in your printer directly to a wall outlet.
- After plugging it in, if you still see the error message, then please remove the power cord from the back of the printer. Now you need to wait for one minute.
- Connect the power cord back into the printer.
Ideally, you should not get any ‘device is busy’ error message after completing the above steps. If your printer still displays the error message, then there is one more way to sort out the matter.
The second solution to the problem is ‘HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.’
It is an initiative to help you support with your print and scan issues. To use this method, please follow the following steps:
- From the official HP website, download the ‘HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.’
- HP Print and Scan Doctor shortcut get automatically installed on your PC’s desktop.
- Once downloaded, open the HPPSdr.exe from the download folder of your PC.
- On opening the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows, you can now click on ‘Start’ button.
- As a following step, choose your printer’s name from the drop down list.
- In case you can’t find your printer’s name in the list, make sure your printer in on. Upon confirmation of switching your printer on, now click on the option that reads ‘Retry.’
- If you find any connection problem, you can sort out the matter by following the easy step by step instructions provided in the tool.
- Now after establishing and recognizing your printer in this program, you will see a range of issues that you can fix. Choose the HP Printer Error named- ‘busy trying to align/clean print heads’ from the list.
- Now click on ‘Fix Printing.’
- After a while you will see any one of the four probable results based on the severity of the issue:
- A checkmark. A check mark means your PC has passed and has no issues now.
Sometimes you see a ‘wrench’ icon which means, there was a problem with your printer, but that is now resolved.
- There are times when you see an exclamation mark, which means that your printer has failed the test and the solution was therefore not found.
- As the fourth probability, you can also get an ‘X’ mark. This icon means that your printer has a problem.
Scope of Services
- We hope we have given you a good insight on the issue. If the problem still persists you would now need to contact our HP technical team of experts on Printer Support Number.
- Get customized support from them.
- You can reach us at () 24/7 for your printer problems.