76 Error Code HP Printer
When it comes to a reliable printing and scanning performance, there is no need to look beyond hp printers. But like everything else, they too need gentle care for a good maintenance. There are a few factors such as internal malfunctions, external environmental factor and general wear and tear of the machine- that can affect printer’s performance. So by following a good care regime, you can avoid the common errors of hp printers. One such error is when your printer is unable to scan and shows the coded error- ‘hp printer error 76.’
Causes 79 Error HP Printer Machine
What is the reason behind HP Printer Error 76?
There can be several reasons why your printer shows this error. It is important to understand the reasons behind this error so that you can tackle the error at the root level and also you can maintain your printer nicely for the future use. So let us look at the reasons here:
- The issue can be with the PC or your Printer, so it I important to determine where the issue lies.
- Are you able to connect to Wi-Fi and continue with printing? Due to connectivity issue, you may end up with Hp Printer Error.
- Have you connected too many devices on the same network? This can result in slow connectivity and sometimes the PC does not even recognize a few printers.
- Have you set your printer as a default the printer on your PC?
Let’s troubleshoot the error:
Troubleshooting is error is fairly straightforward. In this section you will find a few solutions to resolve this error. Just make sure you follow the instructions in the order as they are mentioned. So let’s get started!
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution is to power cycle your printer. The method to power cycle your printer is mentioned below:
- Make sure your printer is switched on and awake if it was in sleep mode.
- Press the power button to switch off your printer.
- Wait for a while to allow your printer to cool off.
- Switch it on again.
- Again wait for a bit so that the printer becomes ready.
Quick Fix 2:
Second solution is solution is to get rid of old print commands. Here is how you can do it:
- Click on ‘Start’ button or ‘Windows’ icon on your PC.
- Go to ‘System 32’ folder.
- In this folder look for- ‘Spool’ option.
- In the new window look for ‘PRINTERS’ Option.
- Here you need to search for filed with the extension ‘.SPL’ and ‘.SHD. These are the files that are the active recent print commands. You now need to delete these files.
- Close the windows after deleting the print commands.
- Click on ‘Start.’
- Go to ‘Run.’
- In the type bar type- ‘NET START SPOOLER.’ This step will restart the print spooler service.
- You can now add fresh print commands.
Tip- Make sure you don’t over load your printer with way too many commands in one go.
Quick Fix 3:
You should check if your printer is set as the default printer on your PC. When your desired printer is not set as default printer, the print commands or scanning work goes to the one which is set as default. Here are the steps with which you can set your printer as default device:
- Click on ‘Start’ button or the ‘Windows’ icon on your PC.
- In the text bar, type- ‘Control Panel’ or alternatively you can search for ‘Control Panel’ from the drop down list.
- Now in the new folder look for ‘Devices and Printers’ and double click on it.
- In the new window you will find all the printers that are available o your PC on the network.
- Right click on your desired printer.
- A drop down list will appear, from which select- ‘Set as Default.’
- Close the window.
Tip: Remember to restart your printer and the PC in order to allow it accommodate the new changes.
The Scope of Services:
We hope this article gave you a good insight on dealing with the error code- ‘hp printer error 76.’ We understand that you may need a further assistance or clarification on any queries you may have. Please feel free to reach our team of experts 24/7 at:
- You can call us at Toll-Free Number for customized services.
- You can also opt to chat with us live.