79 Error Code HP Printer
Printing is a means to preserve the important information, memories, ideas and much more. No matter how much we depend on the internet we do need a hard copy of the important documents. But what to do when your printer halts the printing process and starts to show printer errors? Yeah, that can be quite daunting when you work deadlines to meet!
But don’t worry; we are here to back you up with powerful and easy troubleshooting methods to help you resolve any error. In this article we will discuss ‘Hp Printer Error 79.’
Causes 79 Error HP Printer Machine
Why does your printer show the error- ‘hp printer error 79’ in first place?
It is quite an intelligent move to understand the stemming reasons behind the error. Why? Because, you can deal with the issue at a much deeper level. And you gain an insight on maintaining your printer free from errors. So let us dig into the reasons why this particular error crops up:
- When your printer needs a reset, it can show this error.
- When your PC sends corrupt print ques to the printer, it may result in this error.
- When a firmware update is needed, you may get HP Printer Error.
Let us troubleshoot this error:
This error is a common error. So all you need is to follow the simple solutions that are mentioned here. Just make sure you follow the instructions in the order as mentioned. So let’s get started!
Troubleshooting HP Printer Error 79
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution to this error is to power cycle your hp printer. Power cycling your printer helps in settling any new changes made to the printer and fine tunes the internal functions of your printer. To do so, follow these steps:
- Locate the power button on your hp printer and press it to switch off your printer.
- Disconnect any USB cables that are attached to the printer.
- Locate the power cord at the rear of the printer and unplug it too.
- Now you need to wait for a while, say- ten to twenty seconds. This step will allow a cool off time to your printer.
- After the wait, plug the power cord back in.
- Switch on your printer with the help of the power button.
- Wait for a while to allow it some time to initialize its internal functions, before you start using your printer.
This step should resolve the error. In case it doesn’t then move on to the next step.
Quick Fix 2:
Another way to resolve this error is to see if your PC or the laptop is sending any corrupt print ques to your printer. You can check it in the following ways:
- On your PC go to ‘Start’ option or the ‘Windows’ icon.
- In the text box, type- ‘Control Panel’ or search for control panel option from the drop down list.
- In the new folder that appears, select ‘Administrative Tools.’
- Under ‘Administrative Tools’ you need to double click on the ‘Services.’
- You will now see a list. In that list, locate ‘Print Spooler.’
- Now please right click on the ‘Print Spooler’ and select ‘Stop.’
The above steps will clear the print spooler and your print commands will get cleared off. If this step doesn’t resolve this error, you can move on to the next solution.
Quick Fix 3:
Sometimes by using an old version of firmware, your printer can show this error ‘hp printer error 79.’ These days’ printers support the web services, which is an easy way to update the firmware. Follow these steps to update your firmware:
- Firstly look through the printer update feature.
- You will now be prompted to some on screen instructions such as- signing up, accepting the terms and conditions and so on. Just follow the on screen step by step instructions.
- Now click on ‘Start Update.’
- Restart your printer before you start to use it normally.
The Scope of Service:
We hope this article gave you a comprehensive guide on how to troubleshoot the ‘hp printer error 79.’ We understand there can be still some questions and doubts that you may have. You can feel free to contact us for any assistance through the following means 24/7:
- A 24/7 toll free call can be made at for any technical assistance.
- In case you wish to chat with us, you can avail the ‘chat live’ option!