All About Pickup Roller & How Its Works
If you have purchased a printer recently, it’s important for you to be familiar with the parts of your printer as well. One of them is the pickup roller. The main function of the pickup roller is to pick up the paper from the tray. The roller is soft and has a rubbery finish to keep the printing papers intact. It’s recommended that you clean or replace the pickup roller if it jams or doesn’t pick up the paper from the tray.
If you are a business owner or use your printer frequently, it’s natural that the pickup roller collects a lot of stain and the roller won’t do it’s job properly. This is when you need to clean the roller.
Here, we have explained how to clean the pickup rollers for smooth functioning of your printers. Please follow the below mentioned steps to clean the pickup roller.
How To Clean Pickup Roller Printer
Cleaning of pickup rollers in 8 easy steps
- Switch off the power button and unplug the printer.
- Now, the power cord and the interface cable should be unplugged.
- Pull the paper tray carefully from the printer.
- Clean the separate pad with a cloth dampened in lukewarm water.
- You will see two paper pickup rollers inside the printers. Wipe them gently.
- Wait for couple of minutes, and then insert the paper tray back to your printer.
Note: Ensure that the power switch is turned off before you connect the interface cable and the power cord to the printer.
- Now plug-in the power cord and turn on the power switch of your printer.
- It’s important that you clean the rollers when required. This helps you to reduce wastage of ink and papers. After performing all the steps mentioned above, if it still doesn’t work, you may have to replace the rubber belt.
Note: Never use alcohol to clean the roller. There are chances that the rubber on the roller may dry out over time. It is always better to use a rejuvenator or other rubber renewing solutions for the better life of your pickup roller.
Clean your pickup roller often, and go green
People often purchase printers but fail to take care of them properly. Not caring for your printer means, you will end up with poor quality prints, a printer that stops working too soon, and an office life that is filled with paper-shredding and other environmentally damaging practices. Take care of your printer well, and you will end up printing less too. Certainly, cleaning the humble pickup roller will breathe new life into your printers, and ensure that you won’t be wasting paper or ink unnecessarily. Now, that’s what we call being green and sustainable.
The Scope of Services
Sometimes technical troubleshooting can be confusing or difficult. Keeping that in mind, we have a 24*7 technical support for you. If you find any difficulties, just pick up the phone and dial our toll free number.
- Our technical support engineers are well trained to help you with any questions related to printers or related products.
- They are available round the clock to take you through the steps in case of any trouble.
- You may call us on at any time to get our professional assistance.