Fatal Error 7 HP Printer
No matter how much this modern day life becomes internet savvy, hp printers find their important position in offices, homes, big corporations, and even on the go. After all, these printers are designed to cater the ever changing needs of the customers.
Yet there are days when the printer crashes due to unforeseen errors. For a non technical person these coded errors become daunting. But you don’t need to worry any more or to run to an IT technician every time. We have compiled this article to back you with smart DIY troubleshooting methods for the printer error- ‘hp printer fatal error 7.’ So let us get started!
Causes Fatal Error 7 HP Printer Machine
Have you ever wondered why does your printer displays- ‘hp printer fatal error 7’? By understanding the reason you will be able to understand the issue at the root level. And simultaneously you will gain a better insight for maintaining your machine for a long time.
So let us look into the reasons that cause HP Printer Fatal Error 7 here:
- This error occurs when your computer fails to recognize the printer driver.
Troubleshooting HP Printer Fatal Error 7
Let us troubleshoot the error:
In this section you will find ways to resolve HP Printer Error, accompanied with a few tips and point to keep in mind. Just make sure you follow these steps in the order mentioned below:
Quick Fix 1:
This error occurs when you try to install software or upgrade the printer driver of your hp Printer. Here is a step by step detailed guide to install the printer software properly:
Tip: Please use ‘Device Manager’ to manually select the printer driver when the installation steps ask you to connect the USB cable.
- First of all click on the ‘Windows’ icon on your computer. (You can find it n the bottom left corner of your computer’s screen.)
- In the text bar, please type ‘Control Panel.’ Alternatively you can also search for ‘Control Panel’ from the drop down list.
- In the new window click on ‘System and Maintenance.’
- The above step will lead you to a new window where you need to search for ‘Device Manger’ option.
- In the ‘Device Manger’ window, please click on ‘View.’
- You will see a drop down menu. Please click on ‘Show hidden Devices.’
- In the same list look for a plus sign. You find it displayed next to the Printers. Aas you will click on it a list will expand.
- Right click on ‘hp Universal print PCL_5’ or ‘hp Universal print PCL_6’ based on the version.
- Now click on ‘Update Driver Software.’
- In the Update Driver Software screen, click in ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ option.
- You will now see a new ‘Add Printer Wizard’ screen.
- In this new screen you will see a range of printer drivers. Please select the desired printer driver.
- After selecting, please click on ‘Next.’
- The installation will automatically start for the selected printer driver.
Note: Please make sure that you don’t select ‘Universal Printer driver’ on the ‘Add Printer Wizard.’ You should also make sure that you select the Printer that you wish to install.
- Once the installation is finished, click on ‘Close’ to clear off the Update Driver Software window.
- You will now see the original software window will get displayed.
- The software installation will continue in the background automatically.
- Once the software installation will get completed, you will then need to click on ‘Finish.’
Quick Fix 2:
In case the above solution doesn’t resolve the error then the issue is hardware based. You would need to contact hp support directly.
- You will need the ‘serial number’ of your printer or the ‘hp Care ID’ before you contact the HP Support. It is an easy online process which you can follow by adhering the on screen instructions on the hp website.
- Please make sure you use genuine hp products.
- Also make sure your product is under hp warranty if you wish to claim for any replacement.
The Scope of Service:
We hope this article served you as a comprehensive guide in resolving the error message- ‘hp printer fatal error 7.’ If you feel a need to get any further assistance or wish to discuss anything, please feel free to contact us 24/7 at:
- Call us at for any technical assistance.
- You can also choose to chat with us live for any instant assistance.