72234 Error Code HP Printer
HP printers are a promise of exceptional printing performance. They are catered in accordance to the customer’s needs. But at times when they show errors, they can boggle the users. Since these errors are coded, it becomes tricky for a non technical person to understand the message. But why would you worry, since you have us. We have designed this article especially for you while keeping in mind to break the error into simple understandable language and to power you up with troubleshooting methods.
Causes 72234 Error HP Printer Machine
In this article we will discuss ‘hp printer error 72234’ in detail. We will look into the reasons that cause this error, some tips on maintaining the printer and the ways to troubleshoot the error. So let us get started!
Why does your hp printer show this error message- hp printer error 72234?
It is important to understand why HP Printer Error crop up. By understanding it, you become more capable of handling the error at its root level. Also you gain a good understanding on maintaining a good health of your printer. So without wasting any minute, let us start digging into reasons behind this error:
- Stuck print jobs can cause this error.
- This error can be the sign that your printer requires a reset.
- It can also be a sign that your printer needs a firmware update.
- After using the printer for a long time, it may require a service.
Let us look into the troubleshooting methods of this error:
Here you can find a few solutions to resolve this error message- ‘hp printer error 72234.’ Please make sure you follow the instructions in the exact order as they are given. So let us get started.
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution to resolve this error is to reset your printer. You can do so by following these steps:
- Make sure your printer is switched on.
- If it is in sleep mode due to inactivity for a long time, wake up the machine by pressing any button.
- Now look for the power cord of the printer. (You can find it at the back of the printer.)
- While the printer is still on, disconnect the power cord.
- Remove the power cord from the wall outlet as well and any other USB cables.
- Press the power button again to release any remaining current in the machine.
- You need to wait for at least ten to twenty seconds. This will allow your printer to settle down and cool off.
- After the wait, connect the power cord into the printer.
- Connect the other end of the power cord to the wall outlet directly.
Tip: Do not use power surge plugs to connect your printer. Only use direct electricity supply from the wall outlet.
- Connect all the other USB cables.
- Switch on your printer by pressing the power button located on the printer.
- Give your printer a little while to initialize its internal functions.
Quick Fix 2:
Another way of dealing with this error is to use ‘HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.’ It is a very smart helping tool provided by hp that enables you to resolve commonly occurring printer errors. It is very easy to use this tool.
Please follow these steps:
- Firstly you need to download ‘HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows.’ You can easily download it from the official website of hp.
- After the download gets completed, in your ‘Download’ folder you will get ‘HPPSdr.exe’ file in the folder.
- Please click on ‘Start’ button or the ‘Windows’ icon on your computer.
- In the text bar, type your desired printer’s name.
Note: Your printer must be switched on for the above step.
- You will now see a range of issues that you can fix.
- Choose the error name as per your requirement. For example in this case- ‘hp printer error 72234.’
- Click on ‘Fix Printing’ to resolve the matter.
Quick Fix 3:
Other ways to resolve this error are as follows:
- You can try cancelling the print jobs from the print spooler of your PC, and then try again to give fresh print commands.
- Try printing from another program.
- Connect your printer directly to the computer.
The Scope of Service:
For any further support, feel free to contact us 24/7 at:
- Call us at
- You can also chat with us live!