72 Error Code HP Printer
HP printers are well renowned for their sturdy and high printing performance. These printers match the customer’s ever changing needs and serve them with latest technology.
Yet there are days due to some internal or external or due to the gradual wear and tear, these printer face certain printing problems. These problems are indicated by your printer in the form of some coded errors. We agree that these coded errors can be difficult to interpret for a non technical person. And that is very much the reason why this article has been written. We aim to power you up with smart troubleshooting methods so that you can rescue your printer from these errors on your own without running to a technician. So let us get started.
Causes 72 Error HP Printer Machine
Why do you see hp printer error 72 in the first place?
If you will understand the reason behind this error message; not only will you deal with the issue at a deeper level, but also you will gain a good understanding of using your printer in a much better way for the future use. So let us look into the reasons:
- If you are using an old version of printer firmware, it can be the reason why you are getting this error.
- This error can be your printer’s way to suggest a power cycle.
Troubleshooting HP Printer Error 72
Let us resolve this error:
Here in this section you will find a few solutions to troubleshoot hp printer error. Please make sure you follow the instructions given, in the order as they are mentioned. So let us begin!
Quick Fix 1:
The first way to troubleshoot this error is to give your hp printer a power cycle. You can do so by following the step by step instructions that are mentioned here under:
- First of all check if your printer is switched on.
- Check if it is in sleep mode or not. If it is, then you can press any key to wake the machine up.
- Switch off your printer by pressing the power button which is located on the printer.
- Now look for the power cord of your printer and disconnect it from your printer. (The power cord can be found at the back of the printer.)
- Look for any universal serial bus cables (USB) or any other cords that are connected to your printer. Unplug them all.
- Now press the power button again to release any remaining current in the printer.
- Please give your printer a rest time for about ten to twenty seconds.
- After the wait, connect the power cord back into your printer.
Tip: Please connect the power cord of the printer directly to a wall outlet instead of any power surge plug. Also check whether the USB ports are in good shape.
- Press the power button, to switch on your printer.
- After switching on your printer, give it a while to initialize all its internal functions properly, before you start using it.
Quick Fix 2:
Second solution to this error is to update the firmware you are using. The latest version of the firmware is important for the proper functioning of your printer. So, here are the ways you can upgrade the firmware of your hp printer:
- Open the ‘Printer Update’ feature on your PC.
- You will be guided by the step by step on screen instructions. For example the page will first ask you to sign up, and then show you the terms and conditions etc.
- Follow through the on screen instructions.
- Click on ‘Start Update.’
- Once the update is successfully finished, you should restart your printer.
- You should try clearing off any inactive print commands in the print spooler of your PC, as stuck print jobs can result in Hp Printer Error.
- Try to use minimum number of devices on the same network which your printer uses.
- Also try restarting your router.
The Scope of Service:
By following the above solutions you will be able to resolve the error- ‘hp printer error 72.’ In case you need further support or you wish to discuss the matter in detail you can reach us 24/7. Our team of experts is happy to support with customized solutions. You can reach us at:
- Feel free to call us at for any technical assistance.
- You can also chat with us live!