709 Error Code HP Printer
You have a smart printing device if you have an hp printer. These printers are robust and are designed to work to deliver high printing performance every time you use them. In the name of support, all they need is time to time care and good printer maintaining habits.
On the days when your printer faces some internal mechanical issues or some external factors affect the printer, it may result in errors. These errors can also be caused by software or hardware troubles. So to help you with the troubleshooting methods for the printer errors, we have compiled this article. In this article w will discuss- ‘hp printer error 709.’ So let’s get started!
Causes 709 Error HP Printer Machine
The reasons behind hp printer error 709:
The first thing that hits us when we face printer error- hp printer error 709, is that what really causes this error message to pop up? By understanding the reason you can handle the situation in a much wholesome way. Also you get an insight on handling your printer in a better way for the future. So let us look at the causes of this error:
- Sometime some other printer is set as the default printer in your PC, which makes your desired printer as a secondary option when you give a print command.
- Sometimes the default printer value in the registry key gets corrupted which leads to this error.
Troubleshooting HP Printer Error 709
Let us troubleshoot this error:
In this section of the article we will discuss some ways with which you can resolve this error. Just make sure you follow the instructions in the right order as they are mentioned. Et us get started!
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution to this error is to make your desired hp printer as the ‘default printer’ on your PC. It is a very straightforward process. Please follow these steps:
- Click on ‘Start’ button or the ‘Windows’ icon on your computer. (You can find it on the bottom left corner of your PC’s or laptop’s screen.)
- Now in the text bar, type ‘Control Panel. Or you can look through the list of programs and click on ‘Control Panel.’
- A new window will now open, which will display a list of folders and programs. Look for ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Double click on ‘Devices and Printers.’
- In the new window, you will be shown all the printers that are available on your current network.
- You need to right click on your desired printer.
- Set it as your default printer.
Now you need to restart your printer and your PC. This will allow your PC and printer to adjust to the new settings.
Quick Fix 2:
If the above solution doesn’t resolve the error, don’t panic. Here is another solution to your rescue. Please follow these steps to change the registry key of your computer:
Warning: An incorrect change of registry key can lead to some very serious harm to your PC and your printer.
Tip: Before you attempt any modification in the registry of your PC, make sure you back up the registry. So that incase anything goes wrong, you can still retrieve back the PC to its original state.
Please follow these steps to modify the registry:
- Click on ‘Start’ button.
- In the text bar, please type ‘regedit’ and then press enter.
- Now in the new window will open.
- Choose the folder ‘HKEY_CURRENT’ from the list of the folders located on the left hand side.
- Now go to ‘Software’.
- Select ‘Microsoft.’
- Select ‘Windows NT’ and then ‘Current Version.’
- Select ‘Windows.’
- On right hand side you will see ‘Key Device.’
- Change the value of your Printer’s name.
- Now you need to right click on the value.
- Select ‘Rename.’
- At this step you can change it to your desired Printer’s name.
The above solution should help you to resolve the HP Printer Error. Please follow the steps very carefully to avoid any serious damage!
The Scope of Service:
We hope this comprehensive article gave you a good insight on handling your printer and in resolving the error- ‘hp printer error 709.’ We understand that there can be cases where you need further assistance. Reach us 24/7 at:
- Call us at for any customized support, any time at your comfort.
- You can also chat live with our experts for step by step technical assistance!