Installing Dell Printer Windows 8 OS
Excited about using your brand new Dell printer? Well, in order to enjoy the Dell printing experience, as a first step you need to install it based on the operating system you are using.
In this article we are going to cover every aspect that you need to know in order to ‘install a Dell Printer to Windows 8.’ We will be covering the general requirements that you need to fulfill, the general points that you should bear in mind while installing, and so on. So without wasting any time, let’s get going!
Windows 8 Dell Printer Installation Instruction
Things to bear in mind before you install Dell Printer to Windows 8:
Before we jump into the technical installation steps, it is wise to know about what exactly you want from the installation. Look at these simple suggestions before you go about installing your printer:
- Check the compatibility of your printer with Windows 8:
To check whether your printer is compatible with Windows 8, you can refer to the Dell’s online support section to ensure it.
- Are you looking for a basic, an advanced or a wireless setting up of the printer?
- Are you using the latest printer drivers that are compatible with the printer and the operating system?
Installing the latest printer drivers helps your printer to run smoothly and gives you the best printing performance. You can look for the latest printer drivers on the Dell’s online support section.
Steps to install Dell Printer to Windows 8:
In this section you will be offered various ways to install your Dell Printer to Windows 8. Please make sure that you follow the instructions carefully and in the right order as it is mentioned below:
The first method to install your Dell printer to Windows 8 is the basic version. Here is how you can do it:
- On your PC, install the ‘Installation CD’ that came with your Dell Printer when you first purchased it.
- You will then see an Installation Wizard that will guide you step by step to install the printer.
You can also use a USB to install your Dell printer on Windows 8 please follow these steps:
- Pop in the USB into your Dell Printer.
- Your Dell Printer is designed smartly. It will automatically search for the latest compatible Printer Drivers and prompt you.
- Just follow the on screen instructions to install the Printer.
- Once the installation is completed, it is advisable to restart your printer and the computer before you start to use it.
- Alternatively you can check whether the installation has been done correctly or not in the following ways:
- Click on ‘Start.’
- Click on ‘Control Panel.’
- Go to ‘Printers and Drivers.’
- Here you will see all the printers that are available to your computer.
Note: If you don’t see your installed printer here, you should ensure that it is powered on and is connected well to your computer.
If you wish to install a Wireless Printer then follow these steps:
- Click ‘Search.’
- Select ‘Advanced Printer Setup.’
- Choose the type of installation you wish.
- Download the latest compatible driver and follow the on screen installation instructions.
The Scope of Service:
We hope this article gave you a good insight on ‘how to install a Dell Printer to Windows 8.’ If you feel any further need for any technical assistance, we are available 24/7 at:
- Give us a call at
- Chat LIVE with one of our experts!