SC400 Error Code Ricoh Printer
Ricoh printers are designed to serve great printing experience in all walks of life. Be it a simple school project, or big ideas of innovation, these printer help you bring your ideas to reality.
However there are days when you face unforeseen errors in your printer. These errors are usually displayed in a coded form which at times becomes difficult to comprehend. It doesn’t mean that you have to run to an IT technician every time. We recommend you to first try a few very simple DIY troubleshooting methods. This article is complied just for that purpose. We will back you up with troubleshooting ways to resolve ‘Ricoh printer error sc400.’ SO let’s get started.
Troubleshooting Ricoh Printer Error SC400
Steps to Fix Ricoh printer Error Code SC400
In this section you will learn about the reasons behind this error, and a few ways that will help you to resolve the error- ‘Ricoh printer error sc400.’ Please make sure you follow the instructions mentioned here with patience and in the right order as they are mentioned. Here we go-
Why does your printer show ‘Ricoh printer error sc400’?
Understanding the reasons behind the error is quite crucial. Understanding it will allow you to tackle the cause at a deeper level and will give a you a better insight on handling the machine in a better way for the future use. So let us first look into the root reasons that cause this error:
- Any error that starts with ‘SC’, refers to fuser or fuser related issue of the printer.
- In this case the issue is because of the dirt that accumulates on the ID sensor of your printer.
Tip: The above point leads us to a simple ‘good printer habit’ of keeping your printer’s environment clean. As over the time, the dust accumulates on the internal parts of your printer that hinder the performance of your printer.
Let us now troubleshoot the error:
The first solution to resolve this error is to clean the ID sensors of the printer. In your Ricoh printer there is a set of five sensors. By cleaning them carefully you can resolve the error. So let’s get started:
You will need:
- A clean lint free cloth
- Cleaning solution.
- Canned air cleaner.
Please follow these steps:
- Open the front door of your printer.
- Look for ID sensor board.
Tip: Be sure about recognizing the ID sensors. You can look at its picture from the printer manual or from reliable online sources.
- Now gently and very carefully remove the ID sensor board out of the machine.
- Keep them on a clean disposable paper.
- Arrange for a dry lint free cloth and start to gently clean the ID sensors.
- If the dirt doesn’t comes off you can use a tiny bit of cleaning solution to dampen the lint free cloth to again clean the ID sensors.
Note: Make sure you clean all five of the ID sensors.
- If you can’t physically reach a few inner parts of the ID sensor, please make use of canned air cleaner.
- After cleaning the ID sensors, place them back into the machine.
- Reboot the printer and give it a while to initialize properly.
The Scope of service:
If you need any further support, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us 24/7. You can do so via:
- Contact Ricoh printer Customer Support to avail online help.
- You can get instant support through our live chat option.