Error Code SC360 Ricoh Printer
Ricoh printers with their excellent printing performance come with surprisingly simple and user friendly operating system. They are designed to match the ever changing modern day work landscape.
However, there are days when your printer faces errors. These errors can occur due to internal mechanical issues, external environmental influence, hardware issues, or simply due to the gradual wear and tear in your machine. One such error is ‘Ricoh Printer Error code SC360.’ This article is all about this error. It is written to help you out with troubleshooting methods to resolve this error. So without wasting any time let’s get started!
Steps to Fix Error Code SC360 on Ricoh Printer
In this section of the article, you will find the causes behind this error, some troubleshooting methods that will help you resolve the issue, and some general tips on maintaining a good health of your printer. So here we go:
Causes Behind SC360 Error Code Ricoh Printers
Reasons that make your printer show this error:
Understanding the reasons first is quite an intelligent way to approach any issue in your Ricoh Printer. It allows you to deal with the matter at hand in a much deeper way and it gives you a good insight on ways of maintaining your printer for a long run. So let us look into the reasons:
- The error code SC360 in Ricoh Printer points at the hard drive issue.
- There is possibility that the hard drive has gone corrupted.
- Another reason behind this error is that the hard drive is not getting recognized due to bad connection.
- Hard drive issue can happen due to loose connectors.
- This issue can also occur due to damaged or carelessly plugged power cords, data cables etc.
- And lastly, this error can point at a serious trouble i.e. faulty BICU board.
You may be wondering out of all these possible reasons, how to detect which one is the culprit? Well, we will help you in the following part of the article.
Let’s troubleshoot the error:
In this section, you will find some solutions to the error. Make sure you follow these steps given here in the right order as they are mentioned.
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution is to inspect all the connections of your printer carefully:
- Check the entire length of the USB cables and any other cords for any damage, or wear and tear.
- Check the USB ports that connect your printer and the computer.
Tip: It is advisable not to use a USB cable that is no longer than 1 m in length.
- Please use a high speed USB cable if your computer need a hi speed interface.
Quick Fix 2:
Another solution to this error is to check the hard drive. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open ‘Control Panel’ on your computer.
- Click on ‘Administrative Tools’ and then on ‘Computer Management.’
- Click on ‘Disk Management.’
- Please right click on the drive you wish to format. From the drop down menu choose ‘Format.’
- Select the system.
- Set the cluster size.
- On clicking on ‘Ok’ formatting will initiate.
Quick Fix 3:
If the error doesn’t get resolved, then you may need to seek professional help and may need some hardware replacement.
The Scope of Service:
We hope this article helped you to resolve the error code SC360 on Ricoh Printers. For further support please feel free to contact us at:
- Contact Ricoh printer Customer Support phone number to avail online help.
- You can also chat with us live!