Error Code 88 Lexmark Printer
In the times when your printer shows errors, instead of panicking, it is required to solve it patiently. No, you don’t need a professional every time. Some common errors can be resolved at your end with very simple troubleshooting methods.
Your Lexmark printer is already very prompt and helpful to you if you understand its technical language in times when any error pops up. And to help you understand that technical language, this article has been complied. Here you will find an in depth discuss on- ‘Lexmark Printer Error 88’, and its simple step by step troubleshooting methods. So let us get started!
Reason Of Lexmark Printer Error Code 88
Why does this error crops up in the first place? If you understand the reason, you will be able to tackle the error at a much deeper level instead of doing a guess work. So let us look at the reasons first:
- When the toner cartridges of the printer get exhausted, it may lead you to Lexmark Printer Error.
- When your printer reads low level of ink in the toner cartridge, it can result in this error.
- When (due to some reasons like- expired cartridge, fake cartridge, clogged cartridge, dried up cartridge etc) the toner cartridge is not working, it may result in this error.
Troubleshooting of Lexmark Printer Error 88:
Now that you have understood the reasons, it will helpful for you to troubleshoot the precise are of your printer. Here in this section you will find ways to deal with the error. Please make sure that you follow the instruction in the right order as they are mentioned.
So let us begin!
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution is to resolve this error is to replace the old toner cartridge with a new one. While doing so please bear the following points in your mind:
- Ensure that the new cartridge is not expired.
- Do not buy a fake cartridge.
- Please check the nozzles of the toner cartridges aren’t blocked. It they are you can clean them with the help of a lint free cloth and cleaning solution.
- If you are planning on refilling the toner cartridge, then please get it done by a professional.
- When you insert the new cartridge, please make sure you get rid of all the packing and the cartridge seal before you place it into the printer.
Quick Fix 2:
The second solution to deal with this error is to handle with the help of control panel of your printer. Here is what you need to do:
- First of all restart your printer wile pressing the following keys in the given order:
- For Lexmark C540/3/4/6 and X543/4/6 series printers- press ‘Back’ and ‘Left’ arrow.
- For Lexmark X548 series printers- please press and hold ‘3’, ‘4’ and ‘6’ keys.
Quick Fix 3:
Another solution to resolve this error is to restart your printer. Here is what you need to do:
- Press the power button of the printer to switch it off.
- Now disconnect all the USB cables and other cords from the printer.
- Wait for a while.
- Now connect all the USB cable and the cords back into their positions.
- Press the power button to switch on your printer.
Quick Fix 4:
You can also seek to update the firmware of your printer to resolve the error.
The Scope of Service:
If you feel the need for any further assistance on ‘Lexmark Error 88’ you can reach us 24/7 at:
- Call us at
- You can also chat live with us!