0x97 Error Code Epson Printer
Epson printers are a reliable choice of many due to its long standing excellent printing performance. However there can be times when all of a sudden you see your printer has stopped processing your print commands amidst printing. Well, we suggest not to get panicked and not to run to an IT technician immediately. You should know that most of the errors can be resolved at your end only.
All you need is patience, and to follow the troubleshooting methods in the right order as suggested. This article is written to rescue your printer from such errors. In this article we will discuss ‘Epson printer error code 0x97.’ So let us get started.
Troubleshooting Epson Printer Error 0x97
Steps to Fix Epson printer Error Code 0x97
In this section you will find the causes behind this error, its troubleshooting methods, and some general tips. Before we jump into the troubleshooting methods, let us first look at the reasons that make Epson Printer Error crop up:
- Too many print jobs queued in the print spooler can cause this error.
- If there is any paper jam in your printer, it can result in this error.
- Missing printer drivers can cause this error too.
- If the printer nozzles are clogged, they can result in this error.
Ways to troubleshoot the error:
Quick fix 1:
The first solution is to remove the jammed paper from the printer. You can do so in the following ways:
- Cancel all the previous print jobs.
- Remove all the cables from your printer.
- Disconnect the printer from your computer too.
- Long press the power button to remove any residual charge in the machine.
- Open the printer cover, and remove any jammed paper.
- You now need to remove the cartridges and reinstall them again.
- Plug all the cables back into your printer, and connect the printer to the computer.
- Now load a fresh set of paper into the paper tray of the machine.
- Take a test print to see if the error has got resolved.
Quick fix 2:
Sometime clogged nozzles create this error. Here are a few steps that will help you resolve the matter:
You will need: A lint free cloth and a Print head cleaner fluid.
Please follow these steps:
- Switch off your printer.
- Remove the plug from the wall outlet too.
- Open the printer cover.
- Dampen the cloth with head cleaning fluid.
- Locate the print head.
- Slide the towel beneath the print head of your printer. (Make sure you place the cloth underneath the center of the print head.)
- Move the print head to the center.
- You need to leave the cloth here for a good twelve hours. This will ensure to unclog the print head of your printer.
Quick fix 3:
Sometimes the missing printer drivers also lead you to this error. Here are a few steps you can follow to resolve the error:
- Firstly you need to download ‘Windows Printing Troubleshooter.’
- This program will allow you to detect the underlying issue.
- Now you need to install the missing drivers, that this program detects.
Tip: Make sure you use the latest printer driver which is compatible to your printer model.
The Scope of Service:
You can avail the following contact routes anytime of the day (24/7) should you need any further support and assistance:
- Call Epson Printer Support Phone Number to Avail Online Help.
- For instant assistance avail the ‘live chat’ option on our website.