Windows File Error Message Dell Printer
Dell Printers often get Windows file error due to a mixed bag of reasons. No, you don’t need to run to a professional to solve the issue. We have compiled a few simple set of solutions to empower you with simple yet effective DIY troubleshooting methods.
In this article you will find an interesting insight on resolving this error by understanding every aspect of the error carefully.
Reason Behind Dell Printer WIN File Error
Following are the causes that make your Dell Printer end up with this error:
- When the Printer Drivers get corrupted, you may get Dell Printer Error.
- Attack of viruses and other malware can result in this error.
- When the Windows Registry gets corrupted, it leads to this error.
- If you are using an ole version of the printer driver, you can get this error on your Dell Printer.
troubleshooting Dell Printer Windows File Error
Let us troubleshoot ‘Dell Printer Windows file Error’:
In this part of the article you can find a few troubleshooting methods to resolve the error along with a few tips to bear in mind while carrying on the troubleshooting methods. So here we go!
Quick Fix 1:
Sometimes corrupted Drivers cause this error. You can resolve it in the following ways:
- Click on ‘Start.’
- In the text bar type- ‘Control Panel.’ You can also look for ‘Control Panel’ in the drop down list.
- Now look for ‘System and Device Manager’ and open it.
- Open ‘Performance and Maintenance’ tab.
- In the new window you will see all the printing devices that are available to your computer.
- Click on ‘Properties.’
- Select ‘Driver.’
- Now click on ‘Uninstall.’
- After uninstalling, reboot your computer to activate the changes.
- After rebooting, search and install the latest Printer Driver.
- Follow the on screen instructions to download and install the Printer Driver.
Quick Fix 2:
Sometimes malicious software can also cause this error. To resolve it please follow these steps:
- Download an effective antivirus software that can protect you from all the harmful software such as malware, virus, and other computer infections.
- Please make sure that you download the antivirus from a reliable online source, as it is question of your computer safety.
Quick Fix 3:
Another reason behind this error is a corrupt Windows Registry. Please follow these steps to repair it:
- First of all scan the health of your PC to determine the damage.
- Then repair all the system files for the damage with the help of total system check software.
Quick Fix 4:
If you are using an old version of the printer driver, you are running at the risk of getting this error anytime. Plus the printing performance of your printer is getting challenged too. To resolve this error, please follow these instructions:
- Uninstall the previous Printer Driver.
- Go to the ‘Support’ section of the official Dell website.
- Look for the latest Printer driver which is compatible to your printer.
- Once you have selected the desired Printer driver, you will be guided with an on screen set of instructions on downloading and installing the printer driver.
- Once the installation is successfully completed, please restart your printer and the computer before you start to use it.
The Scope of Service:
If you still want any further clarification on any case specific issue or any other customized support, don’t shy away from contacting us. We are happy to help you out 24/7 at:
- Give us a call at for any technical assistance.
- You can also opt for LIVE chat.