Dell Printer Red Text Printing Error
Dell printers are very capable machines. They are made to provide you excellent printing performance every time you use them.
But there are days when these printers face errors that lead to some absurd functioning from the printer or the print commands fail to get processed entirely. Not every time you need to rush to a professional when your printer behaves absurdly. Some issues can be tackled at your end with very simple DIY methods. One such issue is when your printer starts to print everything in red. In this article we will discuss the core of the issue and the ways that will help you to resolve dell printer error. So let’s get started!
Why Red Text Print Error Occurred With Dell Printer
Let’s first have a look at the reasons that are the real culprits of this error:
- Clogged nozzles of the ink cartridges can create this issue in your printer.
- When the printer is not used or is left idle for weeks, it can develop such errors.
- Empty or expired ink cartridges can also sometimes give you this error.
- If you are using fake or unprofessionally refilled ink cartridges then you might end up with such errors.
Now that you have understood the reasons why you get this error, you will be able to precisely work on them, rather than to do a guess work around the trouble. Also you will get a better sense of maintaining you printer for the future usage.
Troubleshooting Dell Printer Error Of Printing Text In Red
In this section of the article we will jump into the troubleshooting methods that will help you to rescue from this error. All you need to do is to make sure that you follow the steps given under the solution in the right order as it has been suggested.
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution is to clean the nozzles of the ink cartridges of your printer. Here is how you can do it:
You will need: A lint free cloth and cleaning solution.
- Please switch off your printer.
- Disconnect all the cords and the USB cables from the printer.
- Disconnect the printer from the computer as well.
Note: Make sure to remove the power cord from the wall outlet.
Tip: Long press the power button of the printer to release any residual current to protect you from an electric shock!
- Please press the front cover of the printer to open it.
- Now locate the ink cartridge area and take them out one by one.
- With the help of a lint free cloth and the cleaning solution, clean the ink cartridges for any blocked nozzles, clogged or dried up ink.
- Carefully fit the cartridges back into the vent and close the front door of the printer.
Quick Fix 2:
You can also perform a ‘Clean Nozzle Test’ to resolve this issue. This is how you need to run the test:
- Click on ‘Start.’
- Click on ‘Run.’
- Go to ‘control Printer.’
- Now right click on your desired printer.
- Click on ‘Printing Preferences.’
- Select ‘Maintenance.’
- Click on ‘clean to fix horizontal Streaks.’
- The test print should give you all the remaining colours.
- If any color is still missing, you should open that particular cartridge and shake it well. Place it again into the printer.
The Scope of Service:
If you need any further support we are happy to help you out. You can reach us 24/7 at:
- Call us at
- You can also chat with us live!