Error Code 8142 Dell Printer
Printers are one of the supporting pillars of the modern day life. Their presence is badly felt in their absence i.e. when they show errors. One often thinks of seeking a professional help on the sight of these coded errors. But let us tell you, it is not required always.
Sometimes you can handle the errors with simple DIY troubleshooting methods. We have written this article just for that reason- to power you up with troubleshooting methods. In this article we will be discussing about Dell Error Code 8142. You will find a step by step guidance and knowledge that you require to resolve Dell Printer error. So let us get started!
Why 8142 Error Occurred With Dell Printer
It is intelligent to understand the reasons that cause this error in the first place. It is important because it enables you to uproot the issue at the core level. And also you gain a good understanding on how to maintain your printer for a long time. So let us look at the reasons:
- This error usually occurs when there is a conflict between the new programs and the old programs on your computer or the laptop. It happens because the old program is not completely uninstalled.
- Hard drive issue can be another reason behind Dell Error Code 8142.
- Registry issues can also lead to Dell Error Code 8142.
- Sometimes malicious software also causes Dell Error Code 8142.
Troubleshooting of Dell Error Code 8142
Now that you have understood the reason, you won’t find yourself guessing the troubleshooting method. You gain much confidence in tackling the problem. Here in this section you will find the solutions to resolve the error. Please follow the instructions in the right order as mentioned.
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution is to inspect the proper setup of the Hard Drive of your computer. Please keep the following points in mind while verifying the Hard Drive:
- Carefully check the cables of the Hard Drive that connect it to the motherboard.
- Please make sure that the Dell Hard Drive is properly mounted. If you find any screw loose, please tighten it up.
If the error does not get resolved with the above method, please move on to the next solution.
Quick Fix 2:
Another way to resolve the error is to check the ‘Windows’ program of your computer. Here is how you can do it:
- Go to ‘Start’ or click on the ‘Windows’ icon of your computer. You can find it on the bottom left corner of your computer.
- You will now see a drop down menu. Select ‘All programs.’
- From the next list, please select ‘Accessories’ option.
- Now you need to click on ‘System Restore’ option.
Tip: Make sure you create a ‘System Restore Point.’ It is like a back up option which will help you to return to the current state of your computer in case anything goes wrong during ‘System Restore’.
Quick Fix 3:
- You can fix the error automatically with the help of ‘Repair Software’.
Tip: Keep your computer safe from malware, antivirus, and malicious content.
- Restart your computer and printer.
The Scope of Service:
By following the above steps you should be able to resolve ‘Dell Error Code 8142.’ WE understand you may need some further support for your case specific details. We are happy to help you out 24/7. You can reach us at:
- You can give us a call at any time of the day.
- For instant talk with one of our experts you can avail live chat option!