Setting Up Printer Instruction & Guide
We all get excited each time we receive a new product at our doorstep. We can’t wait to open the carefully wrapped package and start using the new product. However, when it comes to a printer that you have recently purchased, it needs to be set up first before you start using it. It might sound annoying or even as a burden. You have a shiny new product but you have to actually set out up and do technical things before you can actually put it to use.
Thankfully, it is not difficult to set up a printer and you can start printing those sheets away in no time if you follow the procedures correctly. We have listed some few basic steps to get your printer up and running. These steps can be performed for almost any model. In case you face any issues or trouble while performing the steps, do call us on Printer toll free number.
Printer set up (For almost all printers)
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Insert the USB cable from the printer to the computer. USB cable usually comes with your printer. If not, you may have to contact your manufacturer or buy from a store.
Note: Process to set up a wireless printer is different.
- Turn on your computer; go to “Printer settings”. For Windows systems, go to “Control Panel”. If you have a Mac, locate the settings in “System Preferences”.
- Hover your mouse to “Add a Printer” and click on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once finished, print a test page to check if everything is perfect. Once you select the link, from the web browser menu option, click on “file, and then click “print”.
- You can even use the keyboard to make it simple. Press “Ctrl” and “P”, and a new dialogue box will pop on your screen. Select the printer and click on “print”.
- This should print a test page.
Problems that you may face
Sometimes even after performing the steps, your printer may refuse to work. Let’s take a look at the common issues and their solutions.
No printouts: Many times, even if the printer is connected perfectly, the printer doesn’t print a page. Ensure that there is no paper stuck inside the printer. Load the papers to the correct tray.
If the tray is loaded with paper and there is no paper stuck: Firstly, try to click on the restart button on your printer. If that does not work, power cycles the printer and see if that helps. Also, you may cancel the print and try it again. It should fix the problem.
Printed text isn’t readable: In this case, you may need to insert a new cartridge in your printer. Read through the instructions manual to check the type of cartridge which needs to be used. You may also discuss this with your manufacturer.
Don’t get carried away with printing
Of course, purchasing a printer is an exciting occasion, and when you see the first few sheets of printed text, you will be elated. However, remember to print responsibly, and do not get carried away and print unnecessarily. A number of people get carried away with the efficiency of printers and start printing emails, text messages, and sometimes even random pictures downloaded off Google.
Please be responsible and remember to print only when it is really required. This will go a long way in ensuring that we are environmentally friendly and that we are not causing more deforestation. Always bear in mind that it is easy to chop off a tree and manufacture a few sheets of paper. Unfortunately, it takes decades and several thousands of liters of water to grow the same tree.
The Scope of services
If you still face issues with your new printer, we are there to help you fix it. Our on-call technical support engineers are available to you at any time of the day. We believe in customer satisfaction, and hence we will make sure to resolve it on your first call. Your faith in us is our strength and we will never let you down.
- Our technical support engineers are available on 24*7 to assist you.
- Our team has all the necessary training to help you fix your printer and or any other related products.
- Feel free to call us on without any hesitation to reach us.