Printer Configuration In Easy Steps
It is always exciting to set up and configure a new printer, and if you have completed setting up your printer, the next step is to configure the settings. Assuming you have set up the printer already, let us take a look at the configuration of settings. You may also follow the instructions that came with your printer. If you are not able to find it, simply follow the below mentioned steps.
Configure Printer Instruction & Guide
For Windows 7
- Select Start, from the menu bar, select Devices and Printers.
- A new window will appear on your screen. Click on Add a printer from the tool bar.
- Now from the next on-screen window, choose the desired option to connect your printer. You can connect your printer directly to your computer with a cable, select “Add a local printer”. You can also connect your printer wirelessly; Select “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth”.
Using a Local Printer
- Ensure to select “Use an existing port” and select “Next”.
- Select your manufacturer details from the list which is listed towards the left, and the model of your printer in the right of the window. Once selected click “Next”. In some cases, you are required to select the Windows Update option. This helps the windows to search an expanded list. If you have a disk which was sent with the printer, then select Have Disk.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Network and Wireless printers
- By default, Windows will locate your printer.
- Choose your printer from the list and select “Next”. Now follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Ensure that your printer is selected as default. If not, go to “Start” then “Devices and Printers”, right click the printer and select “Set as default printer” from the menu. If you would like to remove any printers that you are not using, select “Remove device” from the context menu.
Learn to use printers sparsely
Now that you have configured your printer, please make sure that you do not print pages unnecessarily. Printing unnecessarily leads to wastage of precious paper, and that is not exactly what we call “environmentally friendly”. Inculcate the habit of saving paper, and using printer sparsely. Teach this to your family members, friends, and employees, so that they too use printers as rarely as possible. Most importantly, take care of your printer well, so that it lasts for a long time, and prints high-quality text so that you don’t print again and again.
The Scope of Services
We have well-trained technical support experts to help you in the step by step process of configuring your printer. If you have a different operating system than listed above, feel free to call us for on call support.
- Our technical support engineers are available round the clock on our toll free number.
- Feel free to call us on
for any support with your printer or its related products.
- Our technical support engineers are highly professional and are always excited to resolve your printer issues or concerns.