How To Clean Printhead On HP 8600 ?
At times, while using your Office Jet Pro 8600 printer, the print quality may not be as expected and you may get blurred prints, ink streaks, fuzzy text on the document. This usually takes place when the print head gets clogged or dirt. Sometimes print heads may not function due to dirty electrical contacts hence kind of HP Printer Error occurred . Let us find out below how to clean the print head on an Officejet Pro 8600.
How to clean the print head?
Method 1: Clean Automatically
- Go to printer control panel
- Go to Tools
- If your paper tray is empty, load it with plain white papers
- Touch the Right Arrow ( ) to show additional options on the control panel
- Click Setup
- Click Tools
- Click Clean Printhead
Method 2: Remove Ink Clog
- Press and hold the “Power” button of your printer for sometime
- Press “Cancel” button twice
- Press “Resume” button once
- Now, release the “Power” button
- This will start the electronic print head cleaning process
Method 3: Clean Electrical Contacts
- Open the printer cover
- The carriage automatically moves to left of the printer
- Once it reaches far left, unplug your printer
- Lift up on the print head latch
- Lift the handle of the first print head and pull it out
- Do not touch the nozzles but wipe the copper-colored square electrical contacts on the print head carefully. Use a soft lens-cleaning cloth for this
- After cleaning the electrical contacts, keep the first print head on a clean paper with nozzles facing up.
- Repeat the same process for each print head.
- Now plug in your HP 8600 printer
- Turn on the power button
- Now, reinstall the print heads back to their original slots
- Close the cover
Need help in printheads cleaning?
Call us at to do a proper print heads cleaning of your Officejet Pro 8600 printer with the help of our team of professional experts.
Scope of Services
- 24 hours available
- Instant Printer Support for your issue
- Quick cleaning of your print heads with guaranteed good quality prints