Firmware Error On Dell Laser Printer
This article is written to power you up when you face- ‘Dell laser Printer Firmware Error.’ We will give you interesting insights on how to tackle the error and a few points to bear in mind while performing the troubleshooting methods.
So without wasting any time, let’s jump into the ways of resolving the error!
Let us fix Dell laser Printer Firmware Error
In this section we will look at a few ways to troubleshoot with this error. Just make sure that you follow the given instruction in the right order. Let us get started then!
Here is the first solution to the error. Follow the steps:
- First of all turn off your printer.
- Now remove all the USB cables from the Printer.
Note: Ensure that your printer is not connected to the computer.
- While all the cables are disconnected, switch on the printer.
- Ideally the printer should successfully complete P.O.S.T- Power On Self Test, which to remove all the errors.
- Now print a ‘Setting Report’ from the operator panel menu.
If the ‘Setting Report’ prints successfully, then there is no hardware issue.
The next solution to this error is to clear off any print queues. You can do so in the following ways:
- Remove all the data cables of the printer.
- Press ‘Windows key’ and ‘R’ key together to open the Service Window on your computer.
- In the new window please click on ‘Print Spooler’ and select ‘Stop.’
- Now in the text bar type ‘service.msc’ and then press ‘enter.’
- Now go to ‘Windows C’, ‘windows’ folder, ‘System 32’, ‘Spool’, and open the ‘Printers’ folder.
- In this folder please delete all the files.
- Return to ‘Service’ window.
- Click on ‘Print Spooler’ and click on ‘Start.’
- Reconnect all the data cables back into the printer.
- Restart your printer.
- Give your printer a little while to reestablish the network connections.
- You can now resume with printing as the error should get resolved!
The third solution to this error is to update the firmware of the printer. Please follow these steps to do so:
- Before you update the firmware, please make sure that you have cleared off all the print queues from the printer as explained in the above solution.
- Restart your printer.
- Ensure that there are no errors displayed.
- Look for the latest firmware updates from an authentic online source.
- With the help of the on screen step by step instructions please download and install the latest firmware.
- Restart your printer to allow it to accommodate any internal changes.
- Take a test print to see if the error has got resolve.
- Sometimes the print jobs get retained in the printer memory of your Dell printer model. It is called ‘Non Volatile RAM’- NVRAM. This can cause a reboot situation for the printer as the reprint command given by you is rendered- corrupt.
- In order to clear the print jobs from the memory of the printer or NVRAM, you can find the exact steps as per your printer model on the Dell website in the support section.
The Scope of Service:
In case you wish to have a further customized support regarding ‘Dell Printer Error’ from our team of experts you can do so at your comfort at anytime of the day. Reach us 24/7 at:
- Give us a call at
- You can also opt to chat LIVE with us!