Paper Won’t Feed Canon Printer Error
Canon printers are found almost everywhere because of their strong printing performance. And often they face some common errors. These printer errors occur when there is some internal mechanical issue or some external environmental reasons, or the gradual wear and tear that affect your printer. But there is a range of errors that happen due to our carelessness too. One such error occurs when the printer displays- ‘Canon Printer Paper Won’t Feed.’
In this article we will be discussing this error in detail, its troubleshooting ways and some common tips on maintaining your printer. So let’s get started!
Causes When Canon Printer Paper Can’t Feed
Understanding the reasons behind this error is a smart way to deal with the error. It not only resolves Canon Printer Error at the root level but also gives you a good insight about the do’s and don’ts for the future. So let us first look at the reasons that create this error in the first place:
- When there is a mismatch of the paper size between the actual paper measurements and the size of the paper that is chosen in the print command.
- When there is some sort of curl or deformity, or bending of corners of the paper that you feed to the machine, it can result in this error.
- Something as simple as not feeding any paper to the paper input tray can lead to this kind of issue.
- Wrong orientation of the paper in the paper input tray can also result in this error.
- Sometimes the presence of the foreign material in the rear tray can lead you to this error.
Troubleshooting of ‘Canon Printer Paper Won’t Feed’
After understanding the general idea of the source of the error, it will help you to target the troubleshooting are well. In this section we will talk about the common ways to resolve this error. Please make sure that you follow the given steps in the right order.
Good printer habits:
To resolve this error, you should keep the following points in mind. These are the general good printer habits that will keep your printer running for a long run:
- Every time you load paper on to the paper input tray, please make sure that you align the paper edges of all the sheets.
- Never exceed the maximum paper limit. You can easily check for the maximum limit mark on the paper tray of the machine.
- Orientation of the paper is another important key. Always place the paper in the portrait alignment, regardless of the type of print you wish to take.
- The print side of the paper should always be kept up while placing the printer.
- While feeding the paper to the machine, you must fan the bundle of paper for any dust, dirt or any foreign material.
When feeding envelops to the printer, keep in mind that:
- You should prepare the envelopes before printing.
- Always keep the envelopes in the portrait orientation.
Sometimes a mismatch of the paper size can create this error. Make sure that:
- You have fed the right size of the paper.
- Or you set the matching size of the fed paper- in the computer before printing.
The Scope of Service:
We hope this article backed you up to resolve the error ‘Canon Printer Paper Won’t Feed.’ If you need any further support we are 24/7 available at:
- Call us at for any technical assistance.
- You can also opt to chat LIVE with one of our experts.