Canon Inkjet Printer Paper Jam Error
Any printer, irrespective of brand, quality and price, face a basic problem. It means paper jamming and Canon Inkjet printers are no less behind. Inspite of being a reputed brand, the Japanese origin Canon printers have their occasional technical issues and the most common one is Paper Jam. We provide you below the cause of this issue and a basic guideline on how to resolve the issue.
Causes of Canon Inkjet Printer Paper Jam
One of the most common problems faced by users while using printers, including Canon inkjet printers is paper jam. There are many factors that can lead to paper jam, such as follows:
- The paper tray is over filled with papers
- If the cartridge slider is not positioned properly, there can be paper jam
- When you use different kinds of papers other than the standard office paper, you might face the problem of paper jam
- Papers folded, labeled or of irregular dimensions also cause paper jam
- Mixing different paper sizes in a single print command
- When the printer papers are not correctly positioned into the slot or tray
- Left over torn paper pieces or debris of the previous jam can also cause paper jam
Steps to Clear Canon Inkjet Printer Paper Jam
Follow these instructions to clear the problem of paper jam on a Canon Inkjet Printer:
- Cancel or stop the printing job
- Turn off the printer
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer
- Once done, you need to check the back and the front access panel of the printer
- Open the back panel of the Canon
- Check through the back access panel of the printer. If you see any papers in between, just remove them.
- Close it properly
- Now check the front access panel of your printer
- Open this access panel and check for paper jam in this area
- Remove any jammed paper you find here
- You will be resisted from the paper feeder once you try to pull the paper
- Pull slowly the paper with both hands to avoid tearing
- Now close the front panel
- Plug the power cord of the printer into the wall outlet
- Turn on the Printer
- Give the print command again
- If the problem still exists, move on to the second method
If the printer faces the paper jam problem even after following the above steps, then it means that a piece of paper may remain inside the machine. You need to check whether there is any piece of paper remaining under the FINE cartridge holder.
Check the paper sizes on the paper tray. Make sure the papers are of the same sizes and of the same type as recommended to be used in the printer. Also make sure that your paper tray is not overloaded with papers.
Need help in solving Canon Inkjet Printer Paper Jam? Call us
If you cannot remove Canon Inkjet Printer Paper Jam, contact our service center immediately. We are just a phone call away to offer you instant solution to your paper jam problem on your Canon printer. Call us at and get instant support. We are backed by a team of professional experts who can solve any printer related issues. We are available 24 hours to offer you our Canon Technical Support Number as and when required.
The Scope of Services
- Cost effective
- Guaranteed solution
- Quick support
- Technical experts of years of experience
- Deals with Canon Printer Problems And Errors
- 24 hours availability