Brother Printer Error Offline Windows 7, 8 10
Printing still holds a very important part in our day to day professional or personal lives, no matter how much we are dependent on the internet. But what to do if the printer all of a sudden goes offline, and refuses to connect? Well, running to a technician is not always feasible, and that’s where this article comes into play. It will back you up with DIY troubleshooting methods to resolve this error. So without wasting any more time, let us jump into the rescuing your printer!
Brother Printer Error Offline Causes
Why does your printer show an offline error?
It is important to understand the reason before you jump to technical aspects of resolving the error so that you can handle the technical troubleshooting methods in a much deeper way and will be able to take care of your printer for the future use. So let us look at the reasons behind Brother Printer Error:
- Is your printer properly connected to your PC?
- Is the USB cable in good shape?
- Have you checked the printer settings on your PC?
- Are your printer and computer using the same network?
- Are your printer and your PC placed well within the range of your WLAN access point or the router?
How To Troubleshoot Brother Printer Error Offline
Let us troubleshoot the error!
Below you will find a few solutions to resolve the error. Please make sure you follow the instructions of any solution that suits you, in the order as mentioned.
Quick Fix 1:
Let us start with inspecting the USB cables that connect your printer and the PC. There are a few points that you need to keep in mind while inspecting the USB cable and the connections. Here they are:
- Check the entire length of the USB cable for any breakage, wear and tear, any cuts, or any kind of damage.
- You should also check the USB ports at both the ends i.e. your PC and the printer. Are they in god shape? Are they proving a good fit to the USB cable?
Note: Use a USB cable that is no more than 1 m long.
- If your PC or the laptop require a hi speed interface, you should supply the PC with hi speed USB cable too.
Quick Fix 2:
Sometimes your PC catches one network and your Brother Printer tries to connect to another one- whose login details are not fed into the machine. This can happen due to:
- When too many devices are connected to the same network, your PC may miss a few devices. Therefore, it is advisable, to connect a limited number of devices.
- If another network is stronger than the one you wish to connect to, it can result in this misconnection. Therefore, keep the vicinity of the network connection, clear off of any other networks.
- Sometime signal emitting devices such as cell phones, microwave can also cause hindrance in the connection. So, always keep the nearby area clear off of any signal emitting machines.
Quick Fix 3:
You should also check your PC settings in the following ways:
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ of your computer to go to ‘Device and Printers’ folder.
- You will see a window where several printers will be displayed.
- Look out for your desired printer and right click on it.
- Uncheck the box where it says- ‘Use printer offline.’
The Scope of Service:
In case you need any further support, don’t shy away from contacting us. We are happy to help you 24/7 at:
- You can also chat live with us any time!
- Dial Now Printer Support 800 Number